Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dr. Seuss!

I love March.  Dr. Seuss, Read Across America, St. Patrick's Day, and that much closer to Spring Break Week.

We kicked off March with style in my classroom.  This past Friday we celebrated the great Dr. Seuss.  I sent home a note for all the kids to wear a red t-shirt on Friday.  I made Thing One and Thing Two designs for their shirts, and when they arrived Friday morning they created their "blue hair" out of bright blue construction paper and blue sentence strips.  I even paired up with a teammate and we dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two.  So fun and hopefully a memorable day for everyone.

Besides the thrill of being Thing One or Thing Two I created Truffla Trees from the Dr. Seuss book, The Lorax.  Oh man, so worth it.  The response and reaction from the kids was priceless.  I sat some of the trees outside the classroom so they could see them right when they walked in and others spread out in the classroom.  I love them too much to not use them everyday and plan to make a permanent home for them in the Classroom Library.

This week Dr. Seuss fun continues in celebration of Read Across America.  Looking forward to the fun!

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment