Monday, January 7, 2013

Just a little problem...

Hello blogging friends!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I know many of you headed back to the classroom today and although this wasn't my first day back from winter break it sure felt like it!  My kids were like little zombies today - I would ask them a question and all that would follow would be silence.  Crickets.  Nothing.  20 faces just looking at me.  100% Ferris Bueller moment.

We were in the middle of Math and working on problem solving.  Each morning the kids work on a Read it, Draw it, Solve it problem for Morning Work so they get plenty of practice problem solving.  Maybe it was too many candy canes over winter break, but its like all of a sudden we have forgotten what to do when solving a math problem.  I was so bugged by this.  Then Pinterest came to my rescue and all was right with the world.

Problem solving strategy pencils from  this great blog post   A little purchase later on TpT and I am a relaxed teacher again! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU, talented blogger!

Instant love at first sight - what an incredible idea!  We will be putting together our strategy pencils tomorrow morning and putting them right to use!!

And please hope todays blank stares were just a case of the Mondays...  its gotta be a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment