Sunday, January 20, 2013

Neon Book Bins

A couple weeks ago I shared that I was leveling my classroom library.  Thanks to the Scholastic Book Wizard that was a quick and easy job.  I recommend it to any teacher out there who needs to do some classroom library organization.  The best part was having the option of how you want your books organized.  I choose by Guided Reading level (A to Z).   Here is the link if you need it.  Go get your leveling on.

I put a brightly colored sticker at the top of the book and simply wrote the level with a sharpie.  I explained to the kiddos how to keep it organized.  They were excited about the new set up and I have had kids double checking that books were put back in the right place after our Daily 5 session.  Not a bad problem to have.  I originally thought I would use Target bins, but decided to change things up a bit and order bright neon book bins.  I love the bright neon colors and they fit perfectly in my classroom.  If you know me I love all things bright.  Here is an image from the Really Good Stuff site.  If you need book bins I recommend these...
I'll be back tomorrow to share my goodies from MLK week last week - for now its time for coffee and a trip to IKEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment